Subject: Re: Wrong subject line

From: "Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2026 09:07:52 +0200

On Sat, Apr 25, 2026, at 19:44, Harald Nordgren wrote:
> I know you are not Ben. Forgot to change the subject line from a
> previous message.

You mean I’m not Phillip. ;)

    Subject: Comments on Phillip's review

I don’t understand why you change the email subjects so often. Right now
I had three “Wrong subject line” in my inbox with lost threading
(webmail client) with the only way to distinguish them being that I was
the the CC on this one.

Most of the time whole 100-email threads like patch series never change
the subject. And to me it is easier to keep track of those “RE: [PATCH
v5] florb: drop glorb” than if someone changes the subject to e.g.
“Regarding memory leaks” because someone found a memory leak in a
review. Because that was a reply to an email from two days ago, but I’ve
been a away for a week so I think it’s a new thread about
something else.

That’s just my experience. My amateur webmail setup doesn’t really
matter here since I just dip in/interrupt threads when I feel like it.