Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 3/5] CI: add a linux-BUILD-vars job

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 08:41:38 -0400

On 6/15/22 6:53 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> Add a linux-BUILD-vars job, in a preceding commit we fixed a bug that
> would have been spotted by testing under NO_CURL=Y.

You'll want to double-check patch order before sending a full version
for review.

Also, why capitalize "BUILD"? I suppose the variables are all-caps,
but our job names are all lower case to this point, right?

> This CI job attempts to unset various settings in config.mak.uname and
> the Makefile, so that we'll stress our fallbacks and conditionally
> compiled code as much as possible.

I think it is a good idea to include a job that tries these "as
minimal as possible" builds.

> If there is a missing setting here that we can enable under
> "ubuntu-latest" the omission isn't intentional, this list came from a
> quick skimming of the relevant parts of the Makefile and
> config.mak.uname.

We can extend this in the future if we discover something new to add.
The important thing is that this moves us in the right direction.

Thanks,
-Stolee