Subject: [PATCH v4 3/6] ls-remote doc: remove redundant --tags example

From: "Sean Allred via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 04:17:51 +0000

From: Sean Allred <[email-masked]>

The --tags option is already demonstrated in the later example that
lists version-patterned tags. As it doesn't appear to add anything to
the documentation, it ought to be removed to keep the documentation
easier to read.

Signed-off-by: Sean Allred <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt | 7 -------
 1 file changed, 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt b/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt
index ff3da547ddb..af71cf4a92d 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt
@@ -100,13 +100,6 @@ EXAMPLES
 --------
 
 ----
-$ git ls-remote --tags .
-d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a	refs/tags/v0.99
-f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41	refs/tags/v0.99.1
-7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e	refs/tags/v0.99.3
-c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441	refs/tags/v0.99.2
-0918385dbd9656cab0d1d81ba7453d49bbc16250	refs/tags/junio-gpg-pub
-
 $ git ls-remote http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git master seen rc
 5fe978a5381f1fbad26a80e682ddd2a401966740	refs/heads/master
 c781a84b5204fb294c9ccc79f8b3baceeb32c061	refs/heads/seen
-- 
gitgitgadget