Subject: [PATCH v3 1/2] t1400: wrap setup code in test case

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 21:54:41 +0000

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

Without this, you cannot use `--run=<...>` to skip that part, and a run
with `--run=0` (which is a common way to determine the test case number
corresponding to a given test case title).

Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t1400-update-ref.sh | 18 ++++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t1400-update-ref.sh b/t/t1400-update-ref.sh
index 1fbd940408..69a7f27311 100755
--- a/t/t1400-update-ref.sh
+++ b/t/t1400-update-ref.sh
@@ -344,14 +344,16 @@ test_expect_success "verifying $m's log (logged by config)" '
 	test_cmp expect .git/logs/$m
 '
 
-git update-ref $m $D
-cat >.git/logs/$m <<EOF
-$Z $C $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150320 -0500
-$C $A $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150350 -0500
-$A $B $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150380 -0500
-$F $Z $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150680 -0500
-$Z $E $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150980 -0500
-EOF
+test_expect_success 'set up for querying the reflog' '
+	git update-ref $m $D &&
+	cat >.git/logs/$m <<-EOF
+	$Z $C $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150320 -0500
+	$C $A $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150350 -0500
+	$A $B $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150380 -0500
+	$F $Z $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150680 -0500
+	$Z $E $GIT_COMMITTER_NAME <$GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL> 1117150980 -0500
+	EOF
+'
 
 ed="Thu, 26 May 2005 18:32:00 -0500"
 gd="Thu, 26 May 2005 18:33:00 -0500"
-- 
gitgitgadget