Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Fix git's test suite to pass when the path contains spaces

From: Bryan Donlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:29:56 -0400

This patch series fixes bugs in git and git's testsuite to allow all tests
to pass when the working directory contains whitespace and/or shell
metacharacters.

The first three patches in this series fix bugs in git itself that were
uncovered in the process of fixing the test suite. Each contains additional
tests and/or updates to existing tests to exercise the bug in question.

The remaining patches fix bugs in the test suite itself.

Bryan Donlan (8):
  git-rebase.sh: Fix --merge --abort failures when path contains
    whitespace
  config.c: Escape backslashes in section names properly
  git-send-email.perl: Handle shell metacharacters in $EDITOR properly
  test-lib.sh: Handle properly cases where the git checkout path
    contains whitespace
  test-lib.sh: Add a test_set_editor function to safely set $VISUAL
  lib-git-svn.sh: Handle paths with shell metacharacters correctly
  Use test_set_editor in t9001-send-email.sh
  Fix tests breaking when checkout path contains shell metacharacters

 config.c                                      |    2 +-
 git-rebase.sh                                 |    4 +-
 git-send-email.perl                           |    2 +-
 t/lib-git-svn.sh                              |   11 +++--
 t/t0000-basic.sh                              |    4 +-
 t/t0001-init.sh                               |    2 +-
 t/t1020-subdirectory.sh                       |   24 +++++-----
 t/t1303-wacky-config.sh                       |    6 +++
 t/t1501-worktree.sh                           |   14 +++---
 t/t3050-subprojects-fetch.sh                  |    2 +-
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh                 |    3 +-
 t/t3407-rebase-abort.sh                       |   55 ++++++++++++++----------
 t/t5500-fetch-pack.sh                         |    2 +-
 t/t5512-ls-remote.sh                          |    2 +-
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh                         |    8 ++--
 t/t5700-clone-reference.sh                    |    4 +-
 t/t5710-info-alternate.sh                     |    4 +-
 t/t7003-filter-branch.sh                      |    4 +-
 t/t7010-setup.sh                              |    2 +-
 t/t7300-clean.sh                              |    2 +-
 t/t7501-commit.sh                             |    8 ++--
 t/t7504-commit-msg-hook.sh                    |   20 +++++-----
 t/t7505-prepare-commit-msg-hook.sh            |   14 +++---
 t/t9001-send-email.sh                         |    5 +-
 t/t9100-git-svn-basic.sh                      |   54 ++++++++++++------------
 t/t9101-git-svn-props.sh                      |    6 +-
 t/t9102-git-svn-deep-rmdir.sh                 |    6 +-
 t/t9103-git-svn-tracked-directory-removed.sh  |   30 +++++++-------
 t/t9104-git-svn-follow-parent.sh              |   50 +++++++++++-----------
 t/t9105-git-svn-commit-diff.sh                |   12 +++---
 t/t9106-git-svn-commit-diff-clobber.sh        |   14 +++---
 t/t9106-git-svn-dcommit-clobber-series.sh     |    6 +-
 t/t9107-git-svn-migrate.sh                    |   48 +++++++++++-----------
 t/t9108-git-svn-glob.sh                       |    8 ++--
 t/t9110-git-svn-use-svm-props.sh              |    8 ++--
 t/t9111-git-svn-use-svnsync-props.sh          |    8 ++--
 t/t9112-git-svn-md5less-file.sh               |    4 +-
 t/t9113-git-svn-dcommit-new-file.sh           |    6 +-
 t/t9114-git-svn-dcommit-merge.sh              |    4 +-
 t/t9115-git-svn-dcommit-funky-renames.sh      |    4 +-
 t/t9116-git-svn-log.sh                        |    4 +-
 t/t9117-git-svn-init-clone.sh                 |   10 ++--
 t/t9118-git-svn-funky-branch-names.sh         |   12 +++---
 t/t9120-git-svn-clone-with-percent-escapes.sh |    2 +-
 t/t9500-gitweb-standalone-no-errors.sh        |   13 +++---
 t/test-lib.sh                                 |   11 +++++-
 46 files changed, 275 insertions(+), 249 deletions(-)