Subject: [PATCH v2 0/7] Clean up interpret_nth_last_branch feature

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:58:33 -0700

The changes since the previous round are:

 - Tightening of the refname rule comes very late in the series, so that
   we can optionally drop it;

 - In addition to allowing "git branch -d bad@{name}ref.", we also allow
   "git branch -d bad@{name}ref. good-one" as another escape hatch;

 - Update documentation to git-check-ref-format to describe the tightened
   rules.

Junio C Hamano (7):
  Rename interpret/substitute nth_last_branch functions
  strbuf_branchname(): a wrapper for branch name shorthands
  check-ref-format --branch: give Porcelain a way to grok branch
    shorthand
  Fix branch -m @{-1} newname
  strbuf_check_branch_ref(): a helper to check a refname for a branch
  check_ref_format(): tighten refname rules
  checkout -: make "-" to mean "previous branch" everywhere

 Documentation/git-check-ref-format.txt |   18 ++++++++++++++++-
 branch.c                               |   10 +--------
 builtin-branch.c                       |   32 +++++++++++++++++-------------
 builtin-check-ref-format.c             |    9 ++++++++
 builtin-checkout.c                     |   26 ++++++++++--------------
 builtin-merge.c                        |    5 +--
 cache.h                                |    2 +-
 refs.c                                 |   16 +++++++++++---
 sha1_name.c                            |   33 ++++++++++++++++++-------------
 strbuf.c                               |   17 ++++++++++++++++
 strbuf.h                               |    3 ++
 11 files changed, 110 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)