Subject: [PATCH v3 0/5] Patches to avoid reporting conversion changes.

From: Henrik Grubbström (Grubba) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:51:45 +0200

This is the third go at having the git index keep track of
conversion mode changes for files.

Changes since last time:

  o The normalized sha1 is gone and replaced with a single bit
    (CONV_NORM_NEEDED).

  o The index extension "NORM" has been replaced with "CONV",
    since the only data to be saved is the conversion flags,
    and the format has been changed incompatibly.

  o The cache entry is now smudged on conversion mode change
    when relevant.

Henrik Grubbström (Grubba) (5):
  sha1_file: Added index_blob().
  strbuf: Added strbuf_add_uint32().
  cache: Keep track of conversion mode changes.
  cache: Added index extension "CONV".
  t/t0021: Test that conversion changes are detected.

 cache.h               |   11 +++++
 convert.c             |   31 +++++++++++++++
 read-cache.c          |  102 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 sha1_file.c           |   19 +++++++++
 strbuf.h              |    4 ++
 t/t0021-conversion.sh |   54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 212 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)