Subject: [PATCH 0/4] All is too much

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:24:34 +0200

This series introduces --lrbranches and --locals as abbreviations
for "HEAD --branches --remotes" (local and remote branches) resp.
"HEAD --branches --tags" (local refs).
They are becoming increasingly necessary as refs/ is growing
with auxiliary refs such as notes and replacements, so that "--all"
is too much :)

While at it, or rather: in preparation, we note rev-parse
as being deprectated as an option sifter (as discussed on list)
and clean up and complete t6018.

Michael J Gruber (4):
  rev-parse: deprecate use as an option sifter
  t6018: add tests for rev-list's --branches and --tags
  t6018: make sure all tested symbolic names are different revs
  revlist: Introduce --lrbranches and --locals revision specifiers

 Documentation/git-rev-list.txt     |    2 ++
 Documentation/git-rev-parse.txt    |   14 ++++++++++----
 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt |    8 ++++++++
 builtin/rev-list.c                 |    2 ++
 revision.c                         |   12 ++++++++++++
 t/t6018-rev-list-glob.sh           |   33 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 6 files changed, 66 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)