Subject: [PATCH v4 0/5] Patches to avoid reporting conversion changes.

From: Henrik Grubbström (Grubba) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:41:50 +0200

This is the fourth go at having the git index keep track of
the conversion mode for blobs.

This is useful for repositorys not containing fully normalized files
(eg containing CRLF's or expanded $Id$ strings), where a later attribute
change implies a conversion mode change. Without this set of patches
the user would need to recommit semantically unchanged files to get
a clean index.

Changes since last time:

  o The patch set has been rebased upon 0ed6711 (aka eb/core-eol),
    to be able to take advantage of convert.c:get_output_conversion()
    and convert.c:determine_action().

  o As a consequence of using those functions, the on-disk format for
    the CONV extension has changed slightly. The change should have
    minimal impact, since the index will in most cases self-repair.

  o The t0025-crlf-auto.sh tests have been updated to still test
    the same behaviour.

Junio: This should be close to what you envisioned in
       <[email-masked]>.

Henrik Grubbström (Grubba) (5):
  sha1_file: Add index_blob().
  strbuf: Add strbuf_add_uint32().
  cache: Keep track of conversion mode changes.
  cache: Add index extension "CONV".
  t/t0021: Test that conversion changes are detected.

 cache.h               |   12 ++++++
 convert.c             |   46 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 read-cache.c          |  102 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 sha1_file.c           |   19 +++++++++
 strbuf.h              |    4 ++
 t/t0021-conversion.sh |   54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t0025-crlf-auto.sh  |   20 ++++++----
 7 files changed, 240 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)