Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Don't warn about missing EOL for symlinks

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:35:19 +0200

"No newline at end of file" always confuses me when looking at a diff for
symlinks. "File? Huh? Didn't Git recognize my symlink?"

This mini series refactors the diff/xdiff code slightly to have the two
occurences of the warning both in diff.c, introduces a whitespace flag
WS_NO_EOL_AT_EOF to make this warning configurable, and actually changes
the default behaviour to what is described thorougly along with the
rationale in 3/4.

4/4 is a RFC - do we need to tweak this from config like other whitespace
warnings? 4/4 is lacking the Doc change for now.

Michael J Gruber (4):
  diff/xdiff: refactor EOF-EOL detection
  diff: make treatment of missing EOL at EOF configurable
  diff: Do not warn about missing EOL at EOF for symlinks
  RFC: add whitespace rule for no-eol-at-eof

 cache.h                  |    3 ++-
 diff.c                   |    7 ++++++-
 t/t4030-diff-textconv.sh |    1 -
 ws.c                     |    1 +
 xdiff/xutils.c           |    5 -----
 5 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)