Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] bash completion: Support "divergence from upstream" warnings in __git_ps1

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:03:38 +0200

[Argh.  Or maybe it's an encoding problem?]

SZEDER Gabor wrote:
> Furthermore, I think it would be good to provide means to disable this
> feature for some repositories while keeping it enabled for others.  In
> the current version I could either disable or enable it globally.
> Perhaps we could disable it when bash.showUpstream is set to an empty
> value.

Well, I wanted to leave this to Andrew but since I'm already messing
around with it, here's my take on it.  I might be getting a bit
feature creepy, but it should be prepared for all possible uses now.

The semantics now are that (as with e.g. GIT_PS1_SHOWDIRTYSTATE) you
have to set the environment variable to get anything, but after that,
the config *always* overrides (so you can disable again).

Furthermore, the SVN code tries remotes/git-svn first (for
single-branch clones), and there are new features to set a certain ref
or provide a small snippet of hook code.

Andrew Sayers (1):
  bash completion: Support "divergence from upstream" warnings in
    __git_ps1

Thomas Rast (1):
  rev-list: introduce --count option

 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt     |    9 +++
 builtin/rev-list.c                     |   16 ++++++
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |   89 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 revision.c                             |    2 +
 revision.h                             |    5 ++
 t/t6007-rev-list-cherry-pick-file.sh   |   29 ++++++++++
 6 files changed, 149 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)