Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] CRLF merge conflict reduction, take 4

From: Eyvind Bernhardsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:43:04 +0200

Only a few changes since the last round:

- added some paragraphs to the filter documentation in gitattributes to
  explain why having normalizing filters is a good thing (comments
  welcome)

- fixed the problem Johannes spotted in the eol=crlf optimization by
  expanding CRLFs (ie not optimizing) if a smudge filter is configured

- moved the opening brace in my function definitions to the next line

Thanks for your input.  I'm pretty happy with this now.
-- 
Eyvind

Eyvind Bernhardsen (3):
  Avoid conflicts when merging branches with mixed normalization
  Try normalizing files to avoid delete/modify conflicts when merging
  Don't expand CRLFs when normalizing text during merge

 Documentation/gitattributes.txt |   27 ++++++++++++++++++
 cache.h                         |    1 +
 convert.c                       |   37 +++++++++++++++++++++----
 ll-merge.c                      |   13 +++++++++
 merge-recursive.c               |   44 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t6038-merge-text-auto.sh      |   58 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 172 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t6038-merge-text-auto.sh

-- 
1.7.1.575.g383de