Subject: [RFC/PATCH 0/3] Documentation: Improve revision documentation

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:11:38 +0200

This mini-series sets up a new gitrevisions(7) man page so that people
looking for revision syntax don't need to try to find it in
git-rev-parse(1) which is cluttered with a lot of unrelated stuff (it's
plumbing after all).

If that concepts is OK, I actually suggest changing the actual content a
bit. Also, I found a copule of typos around the areas which I touched
but saved this for an extension of this series.

Michael J Gruber (3):
  Documentation: split off rev doc into include file
  Documentation: gitrevisions
  Documentation: link to gitrevisions rather than git-rev-parse

 Documentation/Makefile                 |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-cat-file.txt         |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-check-ref-format.txt |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-cherry-pick.txt      |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-diff.txt             |    4 +-
 Documentation/git-fast-import.txt      |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-format-patch.txt     |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-log.txt              |    3 +-
 Documentation/git-push.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-reflog.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-rev-parse.txt        |  200 +-------------------------------
 Documentation/git-revert.txt           |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-show-branch.txt      |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-show.txt             |    2 +-
 Documentation/git.txt                  |    2 +-
 Documentation/gitcore-tutorial.txt     |    2 +-
 Documentation/gitk.txt                 |    2 +-
 Documentation/gitrevisions.txt         |   35 ++++++
 Documentation/revisions.txt            |  199 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/user-manual.txt          |    8 +-
 20 files changed, 257 insertions(+), 222 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/gitrevisions.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/revisions.txt