Subject: [PATCH 0/6] git-reset.txt improvements

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:06:30 +0200

First of all: I've been out of the loop last week, so please forgive me if this
comes at the wrong phase of a cycle.

I portioned the changes to git-reset.txt and ordered them starting from the
least controversial, I hope. The descriptions of modes have grown organically
over time, and this series tries to make them consistent in structure and
wording, after cleaning up some minor issues. 6/6 is the "meat", so to say.

For the "--merge" description in 6/6: Please double check. I've tried to
understand the mode from the tables and from the inner works (git read-tre -u -m
plus carrying over unmerged entries) because I did not understand the original
description.

Michael J Gruber (6):
  git-reset.txt: clarify branch vs. branch head
  git-reset.txt: reset does not change files in target
  git-reset.txt: reset --soft is not a no-op
  git-reset.txt: use "working tree" consistently
  git-reset.txt: point to git-checkout
  git-reset.txt: make modes description more consistent

 Documentation/git-reset.txt |   63 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 1 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.3.rc1.215.g6997c