Subject: [PATCH/RFC 0/4] en_US.UTF-8 locale detection

From: Yann Droneaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:22:13 +0100

Following discussions[1] about test t9129 UTF-8 locale detection,
here's a generic rewrite of the en_US.UTF-8 locale detection
to be used with all other tests.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/147283

The proposed mechanism could work for system without "locale" command,
and would detect en_US.UTF-8 locale when named en_US.utf8 or some other
variations.

It must be tested on a wider range of systems (especially non-Linux).

Yann Droneaud (4):
  test: added a library to detect an en_US.UTF-8 locale
  test-lib.sh: added test_utf8() function
  test: use test_utf8 and GIT_LC_UTF8 where an en_US.UTF-8 locale is
    required
  t9129: use "$PERL_PATH" instead of "perl"

 t/lib-locale.pl                        |  167 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t9100-git-svn-basic.sh               |   25 ++---
 t/t9129-git-svn-i18n-commitencoding.sh |   13 +--
 t/test-lib.sh                          |   14 +++
 4 files changed, 192 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/lib-locale.pl

-- 
1.7.3.4