Subject: [PATCHv2 0/3] add/commit -u/-a/-A

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 16:50:09 +0100

v2 takes "all-tracked" as the long form of "-a" for add and commit.

I would think that "changes from all tracked files" would include the special
change "deletion", but I'm open to making the description more verbous.
But as a general rule, "git cmd -h" output should serve as a reminder,
distinguishing the options from each other, not as complete description.

Michael J Gruber (3):
  git-add: make -A description clearer vs. -u
  git-commit: rename --all to --all-tracked
  git-add: rename -u to -a

 Documentation/git-add.txt         |    8 ++++----
 Documentation/git-commit.txt      |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-rm.txt          |    2 +-
 Documentation/gitattributes.txt   |    4 ++--
 builtin/add.c                     |    7 ++++---
 builtin/commit.c                  |   12 ++++++------
 t/t1511-rev-parse-caret.sh        |    2 +-
 t/t2200-add-update.sh             |   26 +++++++++++++-------------
 t/t2201-add-update-typechange.sh  |    6 +++---
 t/t2203-add-intent.sh             |    2 +-
 t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh        |    2 +-
 t/t3415-rebase-autosquash.sh      |   16 ++++++++--------
 t/t4037-diff-r-t-dirs.sh          |    2 +-
 t/t6022-merge-rename.sh           |    2 +-
 t/t6036-recursive-corner-cases.sh |    2 +-
 15 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 47 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.4.1.224.gefc87