Subject: [PATCHv3 0/5]rev-list and friends: --min-parents, --max-parents

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:38:47 +0100

Compared to what is currently in pu (which is v2+eps), v3 has:

1/3 -> 1/5 unchanged

2/3 -> 2/5 unchanged

3/5 is !squash for 2/5 and introduces --no-min-parents and --no-max-parents
as natural ways to reset the limits

3/3 -> 4/5 with a fix to the notation in documentation (spell out =<number>)
and an additional dodecapus test

5/5 is !fixup for 4/5 and adds test, doc and completion for --no-min-parents
and --no-max-parents

Junio, please let me/us know whether sending an amended series in this way
(which I've seen before) is actually convenient for you or not. !squash
commits require a message edit, for example. OTOH, I don't know any (other?)
good inter diff solution.

Thanks for everyone's input which went into this (Junio, Jeff, Jonathan).

Michael J Gruber (5):
  t6009: use test_commit() from test-lib.sh
  revision.c: introduce --min-parents and --max-parents
  squash! revision.c: introduce --min-parents and --max-parents
  rev-list --min-parents,--max-parents: doc, test and completion
  fixup! rev-list --min-parents,--max-parents: doc, test and completion

 Documentation/git-rev-list.txt         |    4 +
 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt     |   19 +++++-
 builtin/log.c                          |    2 +-
 builtin/rev-list.c                     |    4 +
 builtin/rev-parse.c                    |    4 +
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |    2 +
 revision.c                             |   28 ++++++--
 revision.h                             |    4 +-
 t/t6009-rev-list-parent.sh             |  118 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 9 files changed, 163 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.4.1.511.g72e46