Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] submodule update continue

From: Fredrik Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 14:42:19 +0200

When running submodule update git dies after the first error. This is
inconvenient if a submodule is unavailable. Therefore this patch series
makes git continue with the next submodule if a submodule is
unavailable.

This does only apply to checkout errors, rebase and merge errors will
result with a direct exit with code 2.

A checkout error makes git continue to the next submodule and when done
with all submodules exit with code 1.

Still missing are three tests (recursive checkout, merge and recurive rebase).

This is the second iteration of this patch series. The first can be
found on:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/171895

Fredrik Gustafsson (2):
  sh-setup: Make die take the error code as param.
  submodule update: continue when a checkout fails

 git-sh-setup.sh             |    6 +++++-
 git-submodule.sh            |   42 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh |   29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 70 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.5.1.219.ge2152.dirty