Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Do not search submodules in deep recursive merge

From: Brad King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:59:03 -0400

On 10/12/2011 2:48 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> [Stalled]
>
> * hv/submodule-merge-search (2011-08-26) 5 commits
>   - submodule: Search for merges only at end of recursive merge
>   - allow multiple calls to submodule merge search for the same path
>   - submodule: Demonstrate known breakage during recursive merge
>   - push: Don't push a repository with unpushed submodules
>   - push: teach --recurse-submodules the on-demand option
>   (this branch is tangled with fg/submodule-auto-push.)

AFAICT these two topics are tangled due revision traversal interactions.
I've untangled the two "submodule:" commits from this stalled topic and
rebased on master (34c4461a) resolving one conflict.

The first commit demonstrates a bug: submodule merge search occurs
multiple times for the same path during a recursive merge and fails the
second time.  The second commit fixes it by performing the merge search
only at depth 0 recursion.  These changes are independent from the
actual merge search and revision traversal logic.

Brad

Brad King (2):
  submodule: Demonstrate known breakage during recursive merge
  submodule: Search for merges only at end of recursive merge

 merge-recursive.c          |    6 +++-
 submodule.c                |    6 ++++-
 submodule.h                |    2 +-
 t/t7405-submodule-merge.sh |   51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 61 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.5.4