Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Adding a performance framework

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:41:12 +0100

This is a reroll of the original RFC at

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/187127

Basically, a perf framework that uses little perf scripts written in
the style we already use in the test suite.

As Junio pointed out, the line between GIT_BUILD_DIR and
GIT_TEST_INSTALLED was not very clear cut or well adhered to, so I
threw out the overrides for the former.  This also made
GIT-TEST-OPTIONS moot.

There are no other changes, though I did a rebase on current next.

Thomas Rast (3):
  Move the user-facing test library to test-lib-functions.sh
  Introduce a performance testing framework
  Add a performance test for git-grep

 Makefile                        |   22 +-
 t/Makefile                      |   43 ++-
 t/perf/.gitignore               |    2 +
 t/perf/Makefile                 |   15 +
 t/perf/README                   |  146 +++++++
 t/perf/aggregate.perl           |  166 ++++++++
 t/perf/min_time.perl            |   21 +
 t/perf/p0000-perf-lib-sanity.sh |   41 ++
 t/perf/p0001-rev-list.sh        |   17 +
 t/perf/p7810-grep.sh            |   23 ++
 t/perf/perf-lib.sh              |  198 +++++++++
 t/perf/run                      |   82 ++++
 t/test-lib-functions.sh         |  835 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/test-lib.sh                   |  574 ++--------------------------
 14 files changed, 1633 insertions(+), 552 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/perf/.gitignore
 create mode 100644 t/perf/Makefile
 create mode 100644 t/perf/README
 create mode 100755 t/perf/aggregate.perl
 create mode 100755 t/perf/min_time.perl
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p0000-perf-lib-sanity.sh
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p0001-rev-list.sh
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p7810-grep.sh
 create mode 100644 t/perf/perf-lib.sh
 create mode 100755 t/perf/run
 create mode 100644 t/test-lib-functions.sh

-- 
1.7.9.1.334.gd1409