Subject: [PATCH 0/2] git-svn: fixes for intermittent SIGPIPE

From: Roman Kagan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:13:36 +0400 (MSK)

In my work environment subversion is still being used as the main
revision control system.  Therefore many people who prefer to work with
git have to resort to git-svn.

However, in many configurations it used to suffer from the notorious
"git-svn died of signal 13" problem (see e.g.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/134936 and the
links therein).

I believe to have tracked down the issue to the connection being closed
by the server when http keep-alive is in use, and the client dying on
SIGPIPE because its handler is left at SIG_DFL when a new request is
being made.

The patches have been tested on

- Linux Fedora 16 x86_64, git 1.7.7.6, perl v5.14.2, svn 1.6.17
- Windows 7 x64 + Cygwin, git 1.7.9, perl v5.10.1, svn 1.7.4,
- Windows 7 x64 + MsysGit, git 1.7.9.msysgit.0, perl v5.8.8, svn 1.4.6

Roman Kagan (2):
  git-svn: use POSIX::sigprocmask to block signals
  git-svn: ignore SIGPIPE

 git-svn.perl |   20 ++++++++++++++------
 1 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.7.6