Subject: [PATCH 0/3] git-svn: fixes for intermittent SIGPIPE

From: Roman Kagan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:53:16 +0400

In my work environment subversion is still being used as the main
revision control system.  Therefore many people who prefer to work with
git have to resort to git-svn.

However, in many configurations it used to suffer from the notorious
"git-svn died of signal 13" problem (see e.g.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/134936 and the
links therein).

I believe to have tracked down the issue to the connection being closed
by the server when http keep-alive is in use, and the client dying on
SIGPIPE because its handler is left at SIG_DFL when a new request is
being made.

The patches have been tested on

- Linux Fedora 16 x86_64, git 1.7.7.6, perl v5.14.2, svn 1.6.17
- Windows 7 x64 + Cygwin, git 1.7.9, perl v5.10.1, svn 1.7.4,
- Windows 7 x64 + MsysGit, git 1.7.9.msysgit.0, perl v5.8.8, svn 1.4.6

This is the third version of the series; compared to the previous submission
the log message of the first patch was reworded to make it more palatable.

Roman Kagan (3):
  git-svn: use POSIX::sigprocmask to block signals
  git-svn: ignore SIGPIPE
  git-svn: drop redundant blocking of SIGPIPE

 git-svn.perl |   20 ++++++++++++++------
 1 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.7.6