Subject: [PATCH 0/7] build system: support automatic reconfiguration for autotools user

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:34:55 +0200

This series aims at improving the user experience for those people who
(like me) use that Autotools-based interface to the build system of Git.

The two actual improvements (equipped with proper explanations and
rationales) are implemented in the last two patches.  The other five
patches are just preparatory changes.

The series as general or as clean as it could actually be, but it's
enough to scratch the itch that motivated me to write it.

Thanks,
  Stefano

Stefano Lattarini (7):
  autoconf: GIT_CONF_APPEND_LINE: change signature
  autoconf: GIT_CONF_APPEND_LINE -> GIT_CONF_SUBST
  autoconf: remove some redundant shell indirections
  autoconf: remove few redundant semicolons
  autoconf: use AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS instead of ad-hoc 'config.mak.append'
  build: "make clean" should not remove configure-generated files
  build: reconfigure automatically if configure.ac changes

 Makefile     | 17 +++++++++++++++--
 configure.ac | 53 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
 2 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.10.2.1067.g553d16e