Subject: [PATCH 0/3] pre-merge-hook

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:39:08 +0200

The pre-commit hook is often used to ensure certain properties of each
comitted tree like formatting or coding standards, validity (lint/make)
or code quality (make test). But merges introduce new commits unless
they are fast forwards, and therefore they can break these properties
because the pre-commit hook is not run by "git merge".

Introduce a pre-merge hook which works for (non ff, automatic) merges
like pre-commit does for commits. Typically this will just call the
pre-commit hook (like in the sample hook), but it does not need to.

Michael J Gruber (3):
  git-merge: Honor pre-merge hook
  merge: --no-verify to bypass pre-merge hook
  t7503: add tests for pre-merge-hook

 Documentation/git-merge.txt       |  2 +-
 Documentation/githooks.txt        |  7 +++++
 Documentation/merge-options.txt   |  4 +++
 builtin/merge.c                   | 15 ++++++++-
 t/t7503-pre-commit-hook.sh        | 66 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 templates/hooks--pre-merge.sample | 13 ++++++++
 6 files changed, 104 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 templates/hooks--pre-merge.sample

-- 
1.7.12.406.gafd3f81