Subject: [PATCHv2 0/4] pre-commit hook for merges

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:25:54 +0200

In this second iteration I implement Junio's suggestion: 'git merge' invokes
the pre-commit hook when merge.usePreCommitHook is set to true.

1/4 documents that 'git merge' invokes the prepare-commit-msg hook
unconditionally already.

2-4 are v2 of the previous 1-3.

This leaves aside the issue of commit-msg and post-commit hooks. If we can live
with a bit of incompatibility I would rename the config to merge.useCommitHooks
and call all of them based on that.  This would change the way prepare-commit-msg is
treated now.

We could also introduce 4 config variables, 3 defaulting to false, 1 to true,
of course...

[I had messed up my alias file when adding mhagger, and it seems that tripped up
vger; resending, sorry.]

Michael J Gruber (4):
  merge: document prepare-commit-msg hook usage
  git-merge: Honor pre-commit hook based on config
  merge: --no-verify to bypass pre-commit hook
  t7503: add tests for pre-commit hook (merge)

 Documentation/git-merge.txt     |  7 ++++-
 Documentation/githooks.txt      |  6 ++++
 Documentation/merge-config.txt  |  5 ++++
 Documentation/merge-options.txt |  4 +++
 builtin/merge.c                 | 19 ++++++++++++-
 t/t7503-pre-commit-hook.sh      | 62 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 101 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.12.406.gafd3f81