Subject: [PATCHv2 0/6] rev-list/log: document logic with several limiting options

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:04:38 +0200

So, this turned out to be a bit longer.
I decided not to implement "--debug" for "git log --grep" and such
because the current code does a lot of special casing, so that the
existing debug code happily outputs OR nodes in cases where the code
in grep.c effectively does AND (without changing the expression nodes).

So, this series sets up a few more tests to prove to myself that I'm not
completely off in my understanding of the limiting options, and to make
me confident enough for the documentation patch 6/6 (v2 of the old 1/1).

5/6 documents (by a test) an issue which I consider a (now) known failure:
'git log --all-match --author=me --grep=foo --grep=bar' does not AND the
greps (whereas it does without --author). I don't describe this corner
case in the doc patch.

Michael J Gruber (6):
  t7810-grep: bring log --grep tests in common form
  t7810-grep: test multiple --grep with and without --all-match
  t7810-grep: test multiple --author with --all-match
  t7810-grep: test interaction of multiple --grep and --author options
  t7810-grep: test --all-match with multiple --grep and --author
    options
  rev-list/log: document logic with several limiting options

 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt | 15 ++++++-
 t/t7810-grep.sh                    | 90 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 2 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.12.463.gbd9d638