Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] git-submodule add: Add -r/--record option

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 22:35:11 -0500

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>

Here's my revised patch.  Changes from v2:

* Revised Ævar-vs-Gerrit usage to show agreement, following Shawn's
  comments.
* Added a cleaned up version of Phil's $submodule_* export patch, with
  docs and tests.
* Added a caveat to the -r/--record documentation to make it explicit
  that submodule.<name>.branch is not used internally by Git.  Give an
  example of how the user may use it explicitly for Ævar-style
  updates.

W. Trevor King (3):
  git-submodule add: Add -r/--record option
  git-submodule foreach: export .gitmodules settings as variables
  git-submodule: Motivate --record with an example use case

 Documentation/git-submodule.txt | 22 +++++++++++++++++++++-
 git-sh-setup.sh                 | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 git-submodule.sh                | 35 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh      | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7407-submodule-foreach.sh    | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 129 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 mode change 100644 => 100755 git-sh-setup.sh

-- 
1.8.0.3.gc2eb43a