Subject: [PATCH v8 0/3] submodule update: add --remote for submodule's upstream changes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:03:30 -0500

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>

Comments on v7 seem to have petered out, so here's v8.  Changes since
v7:

* Series based on gitster/master instead of v1.8.0.
* In Documentation/config.txt, restored trailing line of
  submodule.<name>.update documentation, which I had accidentally
  removed in v7.
* In Documentation/git-submodule.txt, make --no-fetch example in the
  --remote description more general, following Phil's suggestion.
* In git-submodule.sh:
  * Remove accidental "ges" line.
  * Use the submodule's default remote to determine which tracking
    branch to fetch.  In v7 I'd been using the superproject's default
    remote.
  * In cmd_add(), use sm_name instead of sm_path to store the --branch
    option (catching up with 73b0898).

W. Trevor King (3):
  submodule: add get_submodule_config helper funtion
  submodule update: add --remote for submodule's upstream changes
  submodule add: If --branch is given, record it in .gitmodules

 Documentation/config.txt        |  6 +++++
 Documentation/git-submodule.txt | 25 +++++++++++++++++++-
 Documentation/gitmodules.txt    |  5 ++++
 git-submodule.sh                | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh      |  1 +
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh     | 31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 117 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.0