Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] Initial Python 3 support

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:53:53 +0000

This series does enough so that everything except git-p4 runs under
Python 3.

As discussed with Pete, it may not make sense to change git-p4 to
support Python 3 until Perforce's Python output mode is changed.  So
does it make sense to merge this now and say "use Python 2 if you want
git-p4"?

Changes since v1:

* rebased on master after fc/remote-testgit-feature-done was merged,
  leading to an extra change in patch 8 (git-remote-testpy: call print
  as a function)
* changed patch 2 (git_remote_helpers: fix input when running under
  Python 3) to treat ref names as byte strings

John Keeping (8):
  git_remote_helpers: Allow building with Python 3
  git_remote_helpers: fix input when running under Python 3
  git_remote_helpers: Force rebuild if python version changes
  git_remote_helpers: Use 2to3 if building with Python 3
  svn-fe: allow svnrdump_sim.py to run with Python 3
  git-remote-testpy: hash bytes explicitly
  git-remote-testpy: don't do unbuffered text I/O
  git-remote-testpy: call print as a function

 contrib/svn-fe/svnrdump_sim.py     |  4 ++--
 git-remote-testpy.py               | 42 +++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 git_remote_helpers/.gitignore      |  1 +
 git_remote_helpers/Makefile        | 10 +++++++--
 git_remote_helpers/git/importer.py |  9 +++++---
 git_remote_helpers/setup.py        | 10 +++++++++
 6 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.1.1.260.g99b33f4.dirty