Subject: [PATCH v3 0/8] Python 3 support for git_remote_helpers

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:15:30 +0000

This series does enough so that everything except git-p4 runs under
Python 3.
                                                                                 
As discussed with Pete, it may not make sense to change git-p4 to
support Python 3 until Perforce's Python output mode is changed.  So
does it make sense to merge this now and say "use Python 2 if you want
git-p4"?
                                                                                 
Changes since v2:

 - Change reference URL in commit message of patch 4
   (git_remote_helpers: Use 2to3 if building with Python 3) to point at
   Python documentation instead of the Python wiki.

 - Add a comment in patch 7 (git-remote-testpy: don't do unbuffered text
   I/O), as suggested by Sverre.

John Keeping (8):
  git_remote_helpers: Allow building with Python 3
  git_remote_helpers: fix input when running under Python 3
  git_remote_helpers: Force rebuild if python version changes
  git_remote_helpers: Use 2to3 if building with Python 3
  svn-fe: allow svnrdump_sim.py to run with Python 3
  git-remote-testpy: hash bytes explicitly
  git-remote-testpy: don't do unbuffered text I/O
  git-remote-testpy: call print as a function

 contrib/svn-fe/svnrdump_sim.py     |  4 ++--
 git-remote-testpy.py               | 46 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 git_remote_helpers/.gitignore      |  1 +
 git_remote_helpers/Makefile        | 10 +++++++--
 git_remote_helpers/git/importer.py |  9 +++++---
 git_remote_helpers/setup.py        | 10 +++++++++
 6 files changed, 52 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.1.353.gc992d5a.dirty