Subject: [PATCH v2 00/15] User manual updates

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:10:26 -0500

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>

This combines my ealier patches:

* user-manual: Rewrite git-gc section for automatic packing
* user-manual: Update for receive.denyCurrentBranch=refuse

With a number of additional fixups.  Changes since v1:

* user-manual: Rewrite git-gc section for automatic packing:
  - Reworded following suggestions from Junio.  This removed the
    phrase containing the 'comression' typo pointed out by Javier.
* user-manual: Update for receive.denyCurrentBranch=refuse
  - No changes.

Most of the patches are well-focused, with the exception of
"Standardize backtick quoting".  I can break this up into smaller
chunks (e.g. "Standardize backtick quoting in Chapter 1", "Standardize
backtick quoting in Chapter 2", …) if this is too much to bite off in
one patch.

I may add additional patches onto the end of this series as I make new
fixes and the series cooks on the list.

W. Trevor King (15):
  user-manual: Rewrite git-gc section for automatic packing
  user-manual: Update for receive.denyCurrentBranch=refuse
  user-manual: Use 'remote add' to setup push URLs
  user-manual: Use git branch --merged
  user-manual: Add a few references to 'git rebase -i'
  user-manual: Give 'git push -f' as an alternative to +master
  user-manual: Mention 'git remote add' for remote branch config
  user-manual: Standardize backtick quoting
  user-manual: Use 'git config --global user.*' for setup
  user-manual: Fix 'both: so' -> 'both; so' typo
  user-manual: Fix 'http' -> 'HTTP' typos
  user-manual: Use request-pull to generate "please pull" text
  user-manual: Fix 'you - Git' -> 'you--Git' typo
  user-manual: Flesh out uncommitted changes and submodule updates
  user-manual: Use --format=tar.gz to create a gzipped tarball

 Documentation/user-manual.txt | 436 +++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 1 file changed, 243 insertions(+), 193 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.1.336.g94702dd