Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] User manual updates

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 05:04:59 -0500

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>

Changes since v3 (v3 numbering):

* 1: user-manual: Use 'remote add' to setup push URLs
  - Dropped (graduated into 'maint', e9b4908)
* 2: user-manual: Reorganize the reroll sections, adding 'git rebase -i'
  - Added some comments giving example uses of 'commit --amend'.  This
    should make the section less lonely.
  - Fix s/preferred/needed/
  - Call interactive rebase commands "instructions" and "steps"
  - Reworded interactive rebase return-to-shell description following
    Junio's suggestions.
* 3: user-manual: Give 'git push -f' as an alternative to +master
  - Dropped (graduated into 'maint', d1471e0)
* 4: user-manual: Mention 'git remote add' for remote branch config
  - Dropped (graduated into 'maint', 47adb8a)
* 5: user-manual: Standardize backtick quoting
  - Temporarily dropped (not rebased onto maint, due to conflicts with
    2de9b71 (Documentation: the name of the system is 'Git', not
    'git', 2013-01-21))
* 6: user-manual: Use 'git config --global user.*' for setup
  - Dropped (graduated into 'maint', 632cc3e)
* 7: user-manual: Use request-pull to generate "please pull" text
  - Reworded request-pull introduction based on Junio's suggestions.
* 8: user-manual: Flesh out uncommitted changes and submodule updates
  - Adopt Junio's “did not commit” → “have uncommitted changes”
    rephrasing.
* 9: user-manual: Use -o latest.tar.gz to create a gzipped tarball
  - Dropped (graduated into 'maint', 7ed1690)

W. Trevor King (3):
  user-manual: Reorganize the reroll sections, adding 'git rebase -i'
  user-manual: Use request-pull to generate "please pull" text
  user-manual: Flesh out uncommitted changes and submodule updates

 Documentation/user-manual.txt | 133 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 1 file changed, 77 insertions(+), 56 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.1.336.g94702dd