Subject: [PATCH 0/4] fix log -L -M

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:05:08 +0200

Ok, so this was not quite as bad as I feared.  The move support as far
as I had thought to test it previously actually worked ok, it just
wasn't tested (which is embarrassing enough).

The bug fixed in patch 3 is a bit more involved and only triggered by
history that merges a rename with a modification to the original
filename.  Luckily -- I guess -- there are several cases of this
happening in git.git around the big builtin/ move in 81b50f3 (Move
'builtin-*' into a 'builtin/' subdirectory, 2010-02-22).  So my fuzz
tests found that problem.  You can reproduce with e.g.

  git log -M -L:cmd_format_patch:builtin/log.c

in any git.git.

Thomas Rast (4):
  t4211: pass -M to 'git log -M -L...' test
  log -L: test merge of parallel modify/rename
  log -L: store the path instead of a diff_filespec
  log -L: improve comments in process_all_files()

 line-log.c                               |  62 +++++++-----
 line-log.h                               |   8 +-
 t/t4211-line-log.sh                      |  18 +++-
 t/t4211/expect.move-support-f            |  56 +++++++++--
 t/t4211/expect.parallel-change-f-to-main | 160 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t4211/history.export                   |  80 +++++++++++++++-
 6 files changed, 344 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/t4211/expect.parallel-change-f-to-main

-- 
1.8.2.1.567.g8ad0f43