Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] submodule: drop the top-level requirement

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:50:40 +0100

Thanks to Ram and Jens for the feedback on v2.  I've addressed most of
their comments in this version, but I've ignored a couple of Ram's nits
about test cases where leaving it how it is makes the added tests
consistent with those already in the same file.

Since v2, the main improvement is that the output from git-submodule now
contains paths relative to the directory in which the command is run,
not the top-level of the working tree.

John Keeping (2):
  rev-parse: add --prefix option
  submodule: drop the top-level requirement

 Documentation/git-rev-parse.txt |  16 ++++++
 builtin/rev-parse.c             |  24 +++++++--
 git-submodule.sh                | 113 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 t/t1513-rev-parse-prefix.sh     |  96 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh      |  27 ++++++++++
 t/t7401-submodule-summary.sh    |  14 +++++
 6 files changed, 258 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t1513-rev-parse-prefix.sh

-- 
1.8.2.1.424.g1899e5e.dirty