Subject: [PATCH 0/6] grep with textconv

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:44:43 +0200

This series teaches show and grep to obey textconv:
show by default (like diff), grep only on request (--textconv).
We might switch the default for the latter also, of course.
I'd actually like that.

Compared to an earlier (historic) series this one comes with tests.
Besides, it has been in use since.

Jeff King (1):
  grep: allow to use textconv filters

Michael J Gruber (5):
  t4030: demonstrate behavior of show with textconv
  show: obey --textconv for blobs
  cat-file: do not die on --textconv without textconv filters
  t7008: demonstrate behavior of grep with textconv
  grep: obey --textconv for the case rev:path

 builtin/cat-file.c           |   9 ++--
 builtin/grep.c               |  13 +++---
 builtin/log.c                |  24 +++++++++--
 grep.c                       | 100 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 grep.h                       |   1 +
 object.c                     |  26 ++++++++---
 object.h                     |   2 +
 t/t4030-diff-textconv.sh     |  18 ++++++++
 t/t7008-grep-binary.sh       |  39 +++++++++++++++++
 t/t8007-cat-file-textconv.sh |  20 +++------
 10 files changed, 205 insertions(+), 47 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.2.1.728.ge98e8b0