Subject: [PATCHv3 0/7] textconv with grep and show

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 17:08:18 +0200

This is the "Git Merge edition" of the textconv series. Great
conference, the series struggles to match that.

v3 keeps all defaults as they are (no textconv for blobs by default) and
incorporates Junio's touched_flags patch. I do not need the callback but
left it in.

As for beeing able to choose textconv as a default for blobs, I'm
wondering how fine grained that needs to be: one for all, differentiate
between "show blob" and "grep", or even driver specific
(diff.driver.blobtextconv boolean).

In the latter case, it's not clear to me how "--textconv" with a "false"
config should behave.

Jeff King (1):
  grep: allow to use textconv filters

Junio C Hamano (1):
  diff_opt: track whether flags have been set explicitly

Michael J Gruber (5):
  t4030: demonstrate behavior of show with textconv
  show: honor --textconv for blobs
  cat-file: do not die on --textconv without textconv filters
  t7008: demonstrate behavior of grep with textconv
  grep: honor --textconv for the case rev:path

 Documentation/git-grep.txt           |   9 +++-
 Documentation/technical/api-diff.txt |  10 +++-
 builtin/cat-file.c                   |  18 +++----
 builtin/grep.c                       |  13 +++--
 builtin/log.c                        |  26 +++++++--
 diff.c                               |   3 ++
 diff.h                               |   8 ++-
 grep.c                               | 100 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 grep.h                               |   1 +
 object.c                             |  26 ++++++---
 object.h                             |   2 +
 t/t4030-diff-textconv.sh             |  24 +++++++++
 t/t7008-grep-binary.sh               |  31 +++++++++++
 t/t8007-cat-file-textconv.sh         |  20 ++-----
 14 files changed, 234 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.rc1.406.gf4dce7e