Subject: [PATCH v4 0/6] submodule: drop the top-level requirement

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:18:12 +0100

Changes since v3:

* There are four new patches, three of which are style fixes for
  existing tests and one fixes an existing error message to return a
  more accurate path when recursing.

* You now cannot run "git submodule add <relative URL>" from a
  subdirectory.  Because the interpretation of the URL changes depending
  on whether or not remote.origin.url is configured, I have decided to
  just ban this for now.  If someone comes up with a sensible way to
  handle this then we can lift this restriction later.

* The "path" variable exported in "submodule foreach" now uses the
  relative path and matches the "sm_path" variable.

* I audited the code again and fixed a few more cases that weren't
  printing relative paths (notably "submodule init" and "submodule
  foreach").

* More tests.

John Keeping (6):
  t7401: make indentation consistent
  t7403: modernize style
  t7403: add missing && chaining
  submodule: show full path in error message
  rev-parse: add --prefix option
  submodule: drop the top-level requirement

 Documentation/git-rev-parse.txt |  16 ++
 builtin/rev-parse.c             |  24 ++-
 git-submodule.sh                | 135 ++++++++++----
 t/t1513-rev-parse-prefix.sh     |  96 ++++++++++
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh      |  80 +++++++++
 t/t7401-submodule-summary.sh    | 116 +++++++-----
 t/t7403-submodule-sync.sh       | 388 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh     |  15 ++
 t/t7407-submodule-foreach.sh    |  16 ++
 9 files changed, 673 insertions(+), 213 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t1513-rev-parse-prefix.sh

-- 
1.8.3.779.g691e267