Subject: [PATCH 0/3] merge -Xindex-only

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 20:02:37 +0200

[Michael, sorry for the double mail -- I typoed the list address on
the first round.]

I recently looked into making merge-recursive more useful as a modular
piece in various tasks, e.g. Michael's git-imerge and the experiments
I made in showing evil merges.

This miniseries is the extremely low-hanging fruit.  If it makes a
good first step for git-imerge, perhaps it can go in like this.  It's
not a big speedup (about 2.2s vs 2.4s in a sample conflicting merge in
git.git), but it does feel much cleaner to avoid touching the worktree
unless actually necessary.

Otherwise it's probably not worth it just yet; for what I want to do
with it, we need some more reshuffling of things.

Thomas Rast (3):
  merge-recursive: remove dead conditional in update_stages()
  merge-recursive: untangle double meaning of o->call_depth
  merge-recursive: -Xindex-only to leave worktree unchanged

 Documentation/merge-strategies.txt |  4 ++++
 merge-recursive.c                  | 46 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 merge-recursive.h                  |  1 +
 t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh         | 13 +++++++++++
 4 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.2.908.gbd0dbd0