Subject: [PATCH 0/2] open() error checking

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:58:34 +0200

#1 is Dale's suggested change.  Dale, to include it we'd need your
Signed-off-by as per Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

#2 is a similar error-checking fix; I reviewed 'git grep "\bopen\b"'
and found one case where the return value was obviously not tested.
The corresponding Windows code path has the same problem, but I dare
not touch it; perhaps someone from the Windows side can look into it?

I originally had a four-patch series to open 0/1/2 from /dev/null, but
then I noticed that this was shot down in 2008:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/93605/focus=93896

Do you want to resurrect this?

The worst part about it is that because we don't have a stderr to rely
on, we can't simply die("stop playing mind games").

Dale R. Worley (1):
  git_mkstemps: correctly test return value of open()

Thomas Rast (1):
  run-command: dup_devnull(): guard against syscalls failing

 run-command.c | 5 ++++-
 wrapper.c     | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.2.998.g1d087bc