Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] Documentation: stuck arguments and gitk log -L

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:37:54 +0100

This gathers three rather separate patches.

1/3 is an unrelated fix for a string comparison issue that I noticed
while surveying the state of stickiness.

2/3 is the "document" plan hinted at here:

> So my short-term plan just became: document instead of fix; clean up
> manpages towards the stuck form for long options; have gitk only parse
> -Lstuck.
> 
> Medium term we can move gitk to a different option parser, resolving at
> least that inconsistency.
> 
> Longer term we can see about moving some more of the remaining craziness
> towards parseopt, getting consistency for free.

3/3 is the change to gitk(1) to match the 'gitk -L' support that I'm
sending out separately (rebased to the gitk repo) and that will appear
here:

  http://mid.gmane.org/[email-masked]

Of course it should only be applied once the corresponding code change
is in place.

Thomas Rast (3):
  commit-tree: use prefixcmp instead of memcmp(..., N)
  Documentation: convert to --option=arg form where possible
  Documentation/gitk: document -L option

 Documentation/blame-options.txt        |  4 ++--
 Documentation/fetch-options.txt        |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-branch.txt           |  6 +++---
 Documentation/git-checkout.txt         |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-cherry-pick.txt      |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-clone.txt            | 18 +++++++++---------
 Documentation/git-config.txt           |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-credential-cache.txt |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-cvsserver.txt        |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-describe.txt         |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-fmt-merge-msg.txt    |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-format-patch.txt     |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-grep.txt             | 10 +++++-----
 Documentation/git-notes.txt            |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-p4.txt               | 14 +++++++-------
 Documentation/git-prune.txt            |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt           |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-replace.txt          |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-revert.txt           |  6 +++---
 Documentation/gitk.txt                 | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 builtin/commit-tree.c                  |  2 +-
 git-cvsserver.perl                     |  2 +-
 22 files changed, 66 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.5.rc2.348.gb73b695