Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] merge-recursive: Avoid diagnostic on empty work tree

From: Brad King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 15:10:46 -0500

Hi Folks,

Here is the second revision of this series.  The previous
revision can be found at $gmane/241009.

Updates since the previous revision of the series:

* Patch 1 test indentation and commit message updated thanks to
  comments from Jonathan.

* Patch 2 now adds a different new argument to make_cache_entry.
  This one is to request certain refresh behavior instead of just
  to get an error value back.

* Patch 3 uses the new make_cache_entry feature in patch 2
  to fix the test case.  This approach is based on suggestions
  from Elijah and Junio.

Thanks,
-Brad

Brad King (3):
  t3030-merge-recursive: Test known breakage with empty work tree
  read-cache.c: Optionally tolerate missing files in make_cache_entry
  merge-recursive.c: Tolerate missing files while refreshing index

 builtin/apply.c            |  2 +-
 builtin/checkout.c         |  2 +-
 builtin/reset.c            |  2 +-
 cache.h                    |  2 +-
 merge-recursive.c          |  3 ++-
 read-cache.c               | 21 ++++++++++++++++-----
 resolve-undo.c             |  2 +-
 t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 8 files changed, 70 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.5.2