Subject: [PATCH v5 0/4] submodule: Local branch creation in module_clone

From: "W. Trevor King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 12:45:12 -0800

Changes since v4:

In git-submodule.sh:

* Explicitly set an empty $local_branch in cmd_add if $branch is empty
  [1].
* Restore die-early checking for invalid $update_module [2].  This
  check is now outside the load-from-config branch, ensuring we have a
  valid update_module, regardless of how it was set.

In Documentation/git-submodule.txt:

* Fix “but be” → “but can be” [3].
* Fix “checkout” → “--checkout” [4].
* New text on why you'd use --remote [5] (new commit #4).

In Documentation/git-submodule.txt and Documentation/gitmodules.txt:

* Use backticks (instead of single quotes) for command line options
  [6].

I also squashed the implementation, testing fixes, new tests, and
documentation for the new local_branch stuff (v4's #3, #4, #5, and #6)
into a single commit (v5's #3) [7].

[1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/240524
[2]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/240522
[3]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/240543
[4]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/240531
[5]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/240529
[6]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/240536
[7]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/240530

W. Trevor King (4):
  submodule: Make 'checkout' update_module explicit
  submodule: Document module_clone arguments in comments
  submodule: Explicit local branch creation in module_clone
  Documentation: Describe 'submodule update --remote' use case

 Documentation/git-submodule.txt | 46 ++++++++++++++++-----
 Documentation/gitmodules.txt    |  4 ++
 git-submodule.sh                | 89 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh     | 39 +++++++++++++++++-
 4 files changed, 136 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.5.2.8.g0f6c0d1