Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Multiparent diff tree-walker + combine-diff speedup

From: Kirill Smelkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:02:53 +0400

Here go combine-diff speedup patches in form of first reworking diff
tree-walker to work in general case - when a commit have several parents, not
only one - we are traversing all 1+nparent trees in parallel.

Then we are taking advantage of the new diff tree-walker for speeding up
combine-diff, which for linux.git results in ~14 times speedup.

I understand v1.9.0 is going to be released first, but wanted to finally send
the patches, so that people could start reviewing them.

Please apply on top of ks/tree-diff-more and thanks beforehand,

Kirill

Kirill Smelkov (2):
  tree-diff: rework diff_tree() to generate diffs for multiparent cases as well
  combine-diff: speed it up, by using multiparent diff tree-walker directly

 combine-diff.c |  85 +++++++++-
 diff.c         |   2 +
 diff.h         |  10 ++
 tree-diff.c    | 501 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 4 files changed, 529 insertions(+), 69 deletions(-)

-- 
1.9.rc1.181.g641f458