Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] log --remerge-diff

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 10:17:48 +0100

This is the second iteration of

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/241565

Changes since the last version:

* Dropped patches 4 and 5 (log --merge-bases)

* Implemented the "full-file conflict" scheme explained in the
  previous cover letter: if the conflicted version is lacking one
  stage of a file, it synthesizes a conflict file of the form

    <<<<<<<
    =======
    content of the stage that exists

  (or the other way around if stage3 is missing).  This occurs at
  least with delete/modify conflicts.

* Implemented some basic handling of directory/file conflicts.  I'm
  not completely happy yet -- see the NEEDSWORK comments -- but at
  least it gives consistent input to the diffing stage.

  This required access to the dir hash, so there's a new patch 7 that
  makes this possible.

Patches 1-6 (used to be 1-3 and 6-8) are unchanged.

Thomas Rast (8):
  merge-recursive: remove dead conditional in update_stages()
  merge-recursive: internal flag to avoid touching the worktree
  merge-recursive: -Xindex-only to leave worktree unchanged
  combine-diff: do not pass revs->dense_combined_merges redundantly
  Fold all merge diff variants into an enum
  merge-recursive: allow storing conflict hunks in index
  name-hash: allow dir hashing even when !ignore_case
  log --remerge-diff: show what the conflict resolution changed

 Documentation/merge-strategies.txt |   9 ++
 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt |   7 +
 builtin/diff-files.c               |   5 +-
 builtin/diff-tree.c                |   2 +-
 builtin/diff.c                     |  12 +-
 builtin/fmt-merge-msg.c            |   2 +-
 builtin/log.c                      |   9 +-
 builtin/merge.c                    |   1 -
 cache.h                            |   2 +
 combine-diff.c                     |  13 +-
 diff-lib.c                         |  13 +-
 diff.h                             |   6 +-
 log-tree.c                         | 304 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 merge-recursive.c                  |  52 ++++---
 merge-recursive.h                  |   3 +
 name-hash.c                        |  19 ++-
 revision.c                         |  15 +-
 revision.h                         |  24 ++-
 submodule.c                        |   3 +-
 t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh         |  33 ++++
 t/t4213-log-remerge-diff.sh        | 222 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 21 files changed, 678 insertions(+), 78 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t4213-log-remerge-diff.sh

-- 
1.9.0.313.g3d0a325