Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] add strnncmp() function

From: Jeremiah Mahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:34:36 -0700

Add a strnncmp() function which behaves like strncmp() except it takes
the length of both strings instead of just one.

Then simplify tree-walk.c and unpack-trees.c using this new function.
Replace all occurrences of name_compare() with strnncmp().  Remove
name_compare(), which they both had identical copies of.

Version 2 includes suggestions from Jonathan Neider [1]:

  - Fix the logic which caused the new strnncmp() to behave differently
	from the old version.  Now it is identical to strncmp().

  - Improve description of strnncmp().

Also, strnncmp() was switched from using memcmp() to strncmp()
internally to make it clear that this is meant for strings, not
general buffers.

[1]: http://marc.info/?l=git&m=140294981320743&w=2

Jeremiah Mahler (3):
  add strnncmp() function
  tree-walk: simplify via strnncmp()
  unpack-trees: simplify via strnncmp()

 strbuf.c       |  9 +++++++++
 strbuf.h       |  2 ++
 tree-walk.c    | 16 +++-------------
 unpack-trees.c | 13 +------------
 4 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
2.0.0.695.g38ee9a9