Subject: [PATCH v6 0/4] commit: Add commit.verbose configuration

From: Caleb Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:38:56 -0500

This patch allows people to set commit.verbose to implicitly send
--verbose to git-commit.

It introduces several cleanup patches to t/t7505-commit-verbose.sh to
bring it closer to the current state of the tests as they have been
explained to me, then adds the verbose config and --no-verbose flag.

Since the last version of this patch
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/251486), there
have been a couple of commit message clarifications and the body of the
check-for-no-diff script in the last patch was changed to simply negate
check-for-diff.

Caleb Thompson

------------------------------------------------------

Caleb Thompson (4):
  commit test: Use test_config instead of git-config
  commit test: Use write_script
  commit test: test_set_editor in each test
  commit: Add commit.verbose configuration

 Documentation/config.txt               |  5 +++
 Documentation/git-commit.txt           |  8 ++++-
 builtin/commit.c                       |  4 +++
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |  1 +
 t/t7507-commit-verbose.sh              | 64 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 5 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

--
2.0.0