Subject: [PATCH v3 0/8] --remerge-diff

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 19:56:58 +0200

This is a resend of the remerge-diff patch series, previously posted
here:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/242514

Differences to the previous version:

- Rebased onto the new {name,dir}_hash maps (7/8 looks very different
  now).  This also allows freeing index entries that we no longer need
  (in 8/8); previously, the insert-only name-hash kept them alive.

- Adaptations to match Duy's changes to cache_tree handling (in 8/8).
  Please review the cache_tree handling extra carefully, as I'm not
  100% convinced the dance there is all that is needed.

Thomas Rast (8):
  merge-recursive: remove dead conditional in update_stages()
  merge-recursive: internal flag to avoid touching the worktree
  merge-recursive: -Xindex-only to leave worktree unchanged
  combine-diff: do not pass revs->dense_combined_merges redundantly
  Fold all merge diff variants into an enum
  merge-recursive: allow storing conflict hunks in index
  name-hash: allow dir hashing even when !ignore_case
  log --remerge-diff: show what the conflict resolution changed

 Documentation/merge-strategies.txt |   9 ++
 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt |   7 +
 builtin/diff-files.c               |   5 +-
 builtin/diff-tree.c                |   2 +-
 builtin/diff.c                     |  12 +-
 builtin/fmt-merge-msg.c            |   2 +-
 builtin/log.c                      |   9 +-
 builtin/merge.c                    |   1 -
 cache.h                            |   2 +
 combine-diff.c                     |  13 +-
 diff-lib.c                         |  13 +-
 diff.h                             |   6 +-
 log-tree.c                         | 303 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 merge-recursive.c                  |  52 ++++---
 merge-recursive.h                  |   3 +
 name-hash.c                        |  13 +-
 revision.c                         |  15 +-
 revision.h                         |  24 ++-
 submodule.c                        |   3 +-
 t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh         |  33 ++++
 t/t4213-log-remerge-diff.sh        | 222 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 21 files changed, 673 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t4213-log-remerge-diff.sh

-- 
2.1.0.72.g9b94086