Subject: [PATCH 0/2] pre-commit hook updates

From: Øystein Walle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 23:51:27 +0100

The first patch changes t/t7503-pre-commit-hook.sh to use write_script
everywhere, as was suggested by Jeff King in the discussion of the
previous patch.

The second patch is v2 of the patch I sent earlier. I've incorporated
Eric Sunshine's suggestions. I didn't do enough digging; I found
test_expect_failure and assumed this was test_expect_success's twin
brother, but it marked stuff as known breakages so I went with the '!'.
I also found it a bit strange that test_must_fail has a different
signature (to the extent a shell function has one at all). Is my use of
test_must_fail correct?

I agree with Junio Hamano that it's better to provide no argument at all
rather than an empty one. I also agree with Jeff King that "noamend" is
better than an empty argument. I went with the second one since Jeff
seemed to get the last word :)

I'm not sure I like the ternary inside the function call like that, but
I went with it because it gave the smallest footprint (which is probably
not a good argument). I suppose I could have done:

if (amend)
	hook_arg1 = "amend"
else
	hook_arg1 = "noamend"
...
... run_commit_hook(use_editor, index_file, "pre-commit", hook_arg1, NULL);

or create a hook_amend variable.

I'm happy to send a v3.

Øystein Walle (2):
  t7503: use write_script to generate hook scripts
  commit: inform pre-commit that --amend was used

 Documentation/githooks.txt |  3 ++-
 builtin/commit.c           |  3 ++-
 t/t7503-pre-commit-hook.sh | 20 ++++++++++++++------
 3 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.2.0.rc2.23.gca0107e