Subject: [PATCHv2 0/2] More diffs for commit/status

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 15:16:20 +0100

Trying to clean up my old RFCs, so here's a mini-series that

1) adds a test for "status -v" (the diff between HEAD and index) and
2) implements "status -v -v" (additional diff between index and worktree).

The idea is that in a case where "commit -v" would list fils with unstaged
changes one would get the diff for these changes with '-v -v' easily.

2/2 also sets the diff prefixes (a/,b/ etc.) for both diffs in the '-v -v'
case to a really verbose version to avoid any confusion between the two
types of diffs. We may want to do that for '-v' already, although that
would be a change in behavior.

The wording for the new prefixes is chosen after the status hints, although
they are not localised.

Michael J Gruber (2):
  t7508: test git status -v
  commit/status: show the index-worktree diff with -v -v

 Documentation/git-commit.txt |  4 ++++
 t/t7508-status.sh            | 49 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 wt-status.c                  | 10 +++++++++
 3 files changed, 63 insertions(+)

-- 
2.3.1.303.g5174db1