Subject: [PATCH v3 00/11] Make "local" orthogonal to date format

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 22:48:50 +0100

Since version 2 there are four new preparatory patches which remove
lists of date formats from documentation in favour of referring to the
detailed list in git-rev-list(1) or git-log(1) (both generated from
Documentation/rev-list-options.txt) depending on whether the page in
question is plumbing/porcelain.

I've also reordered the test cleanup patches earlier so that the test
for "--date=raw" is added before the new patch that moves "local"
processing before the "raw" case.  The tests also now wrap long lines
and a missing "&&" has been added.

In patch 7 (date: check for "local" before anything else), we no longer
reject "relative-local" and "raw-local" now prints the user's local
timezone offset.  The error message for invalid formats that are
prefixed with a valid format name is now the same as that if there is no
valid prefix.

Jeff King (2):
  fast-import: switch crash-report date to iso8601
  date: make "local" orthogonal to date format

John Keeping (9):
  Documentation/blame-options: don't list date formats
  Documentation/config: don't list date formats
  Documentation/git-for-each-ref: don't list date formats
  Documentation/rev-list: don't list date formats
  t6300: introduce test_date() helper
  t6300: add test for "raw" date format
  date: check for "local" before anything else
  t6300: make UTC and local dates different
  t6300: add tests for "-local" date formats

 Documentation/blame-options.txt    |   5 +-
 Documentation/config.txt           |   4 +-
 Documentation/git-for-each-ref.txt |   5 +-
 Documentation/git-rev-list.txt     |   2 +-
 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt |  23 ++++--
 builtin/blame.c                    |   1 -
 cache.h                            |   2 +-
 date.c                             |  74 ++++++++++-------
 fast-import.c                      |   2 +-
 t/t6300-for-each-ref.sh            | 162 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 10 files changed, 166 insertions(+), 114 deletions(-)

-- 
2.5.0.466.g9af26fa